My prayer for you today: Rest in His peace!
That’s the place we need to be in God – at rest, experiencing calm assurance and living in full- God confidence. “But this is not being realistic,” you might say…. Yes, it’s much easy to carry the care than to cast it. After-all, it’s my problem. Yet God gives us a golden opportunity to access his divine rest and peace and live the abundant life. The pressures of work life, family life, social life and the world at large, does not make it any easier for us to rest. Yet God has given us a great invitation, to walk in his peace and enter into his rest.
Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.'” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world.
The reason we rest is simple, God RESTED. He had finished all his work before the world began. God was not thrown into confusion when the first man and woman sinned. He accomplished salvation long before man ever showed up, none the less sin. The same for us all, the things we are losing sleep over has already been accomplished by God. Our Job is to give it over to him and let him take care of it.
My Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Jesus knows we would need peace in a world of turmoil. Jesus knows the cares of this life is big enough to cause our hearts to trouble and bring us into much fear, so he gives us his peace. He wants us to live life to the fullest until it overflows.
Where do we find the ability to rest in his peace?
Peace is given, rest is given also; now we take it by faith and labor to enter into rest. It’s all in the WORD. The word is full of great promises. Resting in God’s peace does not mean the absence of trouble, but in the midst of trouble we experience His calm assurance. We must be in pursuit of God’s peace – knowing full-well, God knows how to bring us out and how to get us through.
Seven ways we can rest in God’s peace
- Cast your cares and anxiety upon the Lord for he cares. (1 Peter 5:7)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. (Col. 3:5)
- Employ the fruit of the spirit to work in you – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, PEACE, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. (Gal. 5:22)
- Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:14; Romans. 12:18)
- Seek Peace and pursue it. Also Promote peace and have joy (1 Peter 3:11; Prov. 12:20)
- Let the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4: 7)
- Make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. (Rom. 14:19).
It is a good idea to live life the way 1 Peter 3:9-11 says….
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it.
Peace has a much more soothing effect on our hearts than all other negative emotions we allow. We have got to guard our hearts from these negative feelings weighing it down and putting undue pressure on it. You might not understand how important resting in God and walking in peace really is, until you truly need it. Let’s make it our duty to seek peace and pursue it. Rest in all that Jesus has accomplished for us already and know that everything is going to be ALRIGHT. Your health will thank you.