Anyone who is in the job market, looking for a job will always be more interested in jobs that offer benefits. Although we may not think strongly about benefits, they are essential and add value to us and our family’s lives. Many organizations are seeking to make their fringe benefits package more attractive so that they can attract and retain the best professionals in the market. Some of those benefits are tuition assistance, flexible medical, childcare spending accounts, medical insurance, 401k disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, retirement benefits and much more. We love good benefits and feel a sense of security about our well-being because our benefits allow us to go to the doctor, take vacations, stay home when we are sick and enjoy our perks. As Christians we do not realize that we have benefits too, benefits that far outweigh the benefits of our jobs, but we seldom claim them. David praises God in Psalm 103:1- 5 and describes the benefits that he receives from God.
1Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
He forgives our sins, he heals all our diseases, he redeems our lives from destruction, he crowns us with loving kindness, and satisfies our desires with good things.
Jesus has purchased the greatest benefits package for you, unwrap it and take full advantage of it
These things are already in motion for us, as the children of covenant. Join David and praise God for the benefits you already have. You do not have to work hard to achieve it or better yet, try to earn it, these benefits are not dependent on your performance level with God. Whether you have met God’s level of holiness or you fell short a little. In fact, we really did not qualify for any of these benefits. Yet he made provisions for us even before we showed up in the world (Roms. 5:8). The price has been paid, it’s now time for us to access and enter into God’s provision through the door Jesus Christ. The greatest part of this is that, as long as Jesus is a part of our lives, we will always have access to of all God’s benefits (James 1:17).
Regardless of what’s happening in your life, do not leave any benefits on the table. All belongs to you (2 Corinth. 1:20). And do you qualify? Absolutely, you have a blood bought right to all the fullness of God in Christ Jesus.
I join my faith with yours today to believe God for whatever you need to be accomplished in your life.
Unwrap your benefits daily
OPEN UP YOUR MOUTH AND DECLARE THE WORD OF GOD OVER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. Declare the benefits of God over your house daily. Command your day by declaring that you have a blood bought right to possess all the benefits of God. You are a child of covenant, therefore your inheritance is secure in Christ. According to Psalm 68:19 “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.” You have a great benefits package, unwrap it and take full advantage of all its content. Find your package in the Bible, God’s inspired words to you.
Forget not all his benefits
- His forgiveness of all sins (Psalm 103: 3, Luke 7:28, Romans 3:25, Romans 5:8, 1 John 1:9)
- Eternal and abundant life (John 1:12, John 3:16, John 10:10, 1 John 5:11, 2 Corinth. 5:1)
- Physical health and divine healing (Jer. 30:17, Psalm 103:3, Matthew 8:17, Isa 53:4-5, 1 Peter 2:24, Psalm 118:17, )
- Peace and tranquility (Isa 9:6, Psalm 23:2-3, Isaiah 26:3, John 14:27, Phil. 4:7, Rom. 8:6, Rom. 14:17-19, Col 3:15, 2 Thess. 3:16, )
- Physical Needs Met (Psalm 23:1, Psalm 81:16, Psalm 23:5, Psalm 37:25, Psalm 103:5, Phil. 4:19, Matt 6:25-34)
- Strength in weakness (Psalm 68:35, Psalm 29:11, Psalm 28:7, Psalm 73:26, Psalm 118:14, Isaiah 40:29, Isaiah 41:10, Philippians 4:13, 1 Thessalonians 3:13, 2 Thessalonians 3:3 )
- Wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30, James 1:5, James 3:17, Psalm 51:6, Psalm 37:30, Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 4:5 )
- Protection and Safety (Psalm 91:11-12, Psalm 23:4-6, Isaiah 54:17, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 91:1-3, Psalm 121:7-8, Psalm 138:7, 2Timothy 4:18)
- Prosperity (Psalm 1:3, 3 John 2, PSALM 84:11-12, PSALM 115:12-16, MATTHEW 6:31-33, PROVERBS 3:9-10, JAMES 1:17, PSALM 85:12, PSALM 35:27)
These are some great resources that will help you claim and walk in the benefits of Christ